Visa Applicants are advised to note that
- Valid passports or other travel documents including Seaman’s Discharge Book, acceptable to the Government of Kenya are required for all persons wishing to enter Kenya.
- Passports must be valid for at least Six (6) Months.
- Passports must have a clean and a full visa page for endorsement.
- A bona fide visitor may be issued with a visitor’s pass on arrival at a port of entry into Kenya valid for a period not exceeding three months in the first instance provided that he is in possession of a valid passport or other travel document acceptable to the Government of Kenya, has a valid visa where required, is in possession of sufficient funds for subsistence while in Kenya and a return, or onward ticket to his country of origin, domicile or destination.
- Nationals of East African Partner States holding valid passports and other acceptable travel documents may be issued with a visitor’s pass on arrival at a port of entry into Kenya valid for Six Months.
- Travellers entering Kenya by road should be advised to pass through the gazetted entry points and report immediately to an Immigration Officer.
- Tanzanian Passport Holders do not require visa into Kenya for period less than 6 months.
- Passport Holders of the following countries ALSO DO NOT REQUIRE visa into Kenya:
• Botswana • Malawi • Swaziland • Brunei • Maldives • Tobago • Burundi • Mauritius • Tonga • Cyprus • Namibia • Trinidad • Eritrea • Rwanda • Turkey • Ethiopia • Samozo • Uganda • Gambia • San Marino • Uruguay • Ghana • Seychelles • Zambia • Jamaica • Sierra Leone • Zimbabwe • Lesotho • South Africa
The following Categories of persons do NOT also require visas:
- Persons whose passport is endorsed with a valid Kenyan reentry pass, or any other written authority in lieu of a reentry pass.
- Ship's passengers arriving and departing by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- Aircraft passengers transiting through Kenya, and who do not leave the international transit area of Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (Nairobi) or Moi International Airport (Mombasa).
- Holders of a laissezpasser issued by one of the organizations listed here below (ah), while on official business for the organization in question, and upon presentation of an official document from this organization:
- European Union
- United Nations
- African Union
- African Development Bank
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa
- International Red Locust Control Organization for Central & Southern Africa
- Desert Locust Control Organization
- Manifested crew of aircraft and ships passing through or stopping in Kenya, for periods not exceeding seven (7) days in the case of aircrew, and fourteen (14) days for ship’s crew.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refuelling in Kenya, and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
- Passport holders of the following countries require Referral visas: • Afghanistan • Armenia • Azerbaijan • Cameroon • Iraq • Jordan • Lebanon • Mali • North Korea • Senegal • Somalia • Syria • Tajikistan • Eritrea • Libya
Referral visas are processed from Nairobi and it takes approximately 6 weeks.
C. Visa Application Requirements
SINGLE JOURNEY VISAS (SJV) REQUIREMENTS
- One visa application Form 22 to be duly filled, signed and dated.
- Original passport
- One passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Cash payment of Tsh 75,000
MULTIPLE JOURNEY VISAS (MJV) REQUIREMENTS
- Two visa application Form 22 to be duly filled, signed and dated.
- Three passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Two copies of a Cover letter from the applicant detailing the need for a Multiple Journey visa.
- Copies of previous entry stamps/visas to Kenya.
- Applicants Residence permit
- Applicants applying for multiple journey Visa’s to visit their spouses should avail in addition to the above, the following:
- Their spouses National identity Card if Kenyan
- Residential/Work permit if spouse is a foreigner
- Copy of marriage certificate